Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Newest Yarn

I didn't realize I purchased so much yarn in the last month or two until I looked at my ever-growing stash.  Because I love to share (probably more than you would like to hear about!) I snapped some photos of the newest additions.

 Calliope by Moxie Blu - this is slightly brighter in person.  It's kettle-dyed on bulky Gaia (so soft!) and I think it will make a lovely Springtime in Hollis sweater.

Shalimar Breathless yarn, Corfu colorway - a super soft merino/silk/cashmere blend, fingerling weight.  This will be a teacher gift for Josh's teacher - either a hat or a cowl (I saw many beautiful cowls at the Sheep & Wool Festival today).

 My most recent purchase, the colorway doesn't have a name but is dyed on Licorice Twist, one of my favorite bases, by The Wool Garden.  I was lucky enough to find this on a sale table at the Sheep & Wool Festival today.  It was hard to capture with my camera, but it is actually purple in there, not dark blue.
 
Popsicle Dark by Love Ewe Yarns - after my best friend drooled over my original Popsicle yarn, I purchased this custom as a gift for her.  Also on Licorice Twist and the colors are super bright and stunning in person.

Finally, this isn't new but I recently balled it and took this photo.  This was custom-dyed by Vedilli Yarns on Kona Superwash Merino.  I love the softness and weight of this yarn.  This is currently on the needles as a hat and diaper cover photography prop set.

No comments:

Post a Comment