Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Latest Projects

Wow, it's been a while since I posted!  I have been incredibly swamped for the last month between my day job, knitting, and being a mom.  I've completed a few projects that I must share - enjoy!



This beautiful Charlotte dress was knit for a craft trade with my friend Wendy at The Whimsical Duck with beautiful Retro Baby "Candy Hearts" on BFL.





My daughter's birthday top!  I love how this came out in the end, even though it ended up being more of a tunic top than a dress.  Knit with Moxie Blu's "Raspberry Limeade" on Australian Merino, this is the Cali Cargo dress (er, cargoless top) and Something Beautiful Shrug, both  by Dakine Knits.  The buttons are from Tessa Ann and perfectly coordinate with the colorway.  Modeled by my beautiful 2-year-old!



Last week was my son's preschool graduation - he will be in the 4-year-old class in the fall (they grow up too fast!)  This "Soft as a Cloud Cowl", from the book More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, was knit with the lovely Shalimar Breathless yarn mentioned in my last post.  This yarn was so soft and slippery to knit with, I loved it - and the pattern is beautiful and looks more complicated than it really is (shhhh!)


This scarf was knit for my son's other teacher, the Big Lace Scarf also from More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson (I highly recommend this book - I've knit quite a few patterns from it since I received it as a birthday gift).  This was knit with Malabrigo Chunky in the Verde colorway.  I modified the pattern - I used size 13 needles and 2 skeins of this (bulky weight) yarn.  It was a very fast knit, easy but difficult enough to keep your attention.  Even on smaller needles than the pattern calls for, it knit at about 12 inches per hour - so six hours for this 6-foot long scarf.  I hope to make more of these as gifts in the future (and maybe one for myself!)



Finally, this cute set was knit for my photographer neighbor.  The diaper cover needs buttons (which I've neglected to sew on for the last two weeks) but I'm very happy with how the set turned out.  The yarn was custom-dyed by Vedilli Yarns, the hat is the Keely hat by Amanda at A Beautiful Skye, and the diaper cover was knit from my own imagination.

 Thank you for stopping by!  If you are interested in a custom-knit item, please contact me, rdsonntag@gmail.com and I will add you to my list.  I'm always open to try new things, so if you find something that you haven't seen in my gallery, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment