Saturday, April 2, 2011

WIP - Cali Cargo Dress

Don't you love to see progress pictures when you're having something made for you?  I have to show off this dress because the yarn is just beautiful.  I never thought I liked the look of kettle-dyed yarn, but I am a convert!  This was dyed by the lovely Danielle of Moxie Blu and is being knit into a beautiful Cali Cargo Dress (pattern by Dakine Knits).  The colorway is called "Lavender Lotus" dyed on (very soft) worsted Gaia - and it looks just like a field of wildflowers, if you ask me.


In natural light, the light green really pops (in a good way).  If you're looking for lovely hand-painted or kettle-dyed yarn, please check out Moxie Blu on Hyena Cart or Facebook.  She is currently running a contest to try to reach 250 "Likes" on her FB page - when she does, she will give away 8 oz of yarn for FREE!  To enter, "like" her page and post a comment here.



I also received some lovely yarn from Constance at Vedilli Yarns on Kona superwash (so soft!).  This will be knit into an adorable newborn set for Photos by Lauren



Next on the Needles
Lollyscraps "Autumn Rainbow" Cali Dress for Katy
Retro Baby "Candy Hearts" Charlotte Dress for Wendy

(I love that beautiful yarn appears on my doorstep regularly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment