Monday, October 15, 2012

Beautiful Wedding Shrug

I decided this project deserved its own blog post!  I was so excited that my new sister-in-law asked me to knit a shrug for her wedding.  The yarn she chose was Spirit Trail Fiberworks "Nona", a heavy lace-weight yarn in beautiful shades of blue.  A lace pattern was my first thought (larger needles!) but I'm so glad we agreed to the Eleonora pattern because she needed the extra warmth during the outdoor ceremony and photos.  Knit on size 2 needles, it was definitely a challenge, but I had fun.  This yarn was a dream to work with, so soft and silky.  It was customized as we went along, taking away the flared sleeve and shortening it to elbow-length, then J. tried it on many times to make sure it fit correctly.  It flew to Las Vegas with me (I knit while listening to Harry Potter on the plane) and was finally finished two days before the wedding!  I'm glad she trusted me, because she didn't see the finished project until about 20 minutes before the ceremony - fortunately, it was a perfect fit.  This is probably the most special project I've ever completed, and I was so happy to be a part of their special day.




Currently on the needles, I'm testing out the Kumfy Kapuze pattern in size 2/3 for my daughter, then I hope to finish a scarf started for my son last fall, then start on a few holiday gifts.  I can't believe it's only a couple months until Christmas!  In 2013, I'm hoping to open and stock an Etsy shop once a month with items of my choosing.  I don't mind doing customs, but I am looking forward to a bit more freedom with my knitting.  As always though, if you are interested in having something knit for you or your child, please e-mail me: rdsonntag at gmail dot com and we'll see if we can work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment